Friday, December 17, 2010

Pillow Party


This last Monday, my younger sister threw me a "Pillow Party" to help up raise funds for our adoption. She got this idea from a website, and she did a fabulous job. She made about 15 pillows. Rachel Burch & Ashley Arnold made some wreaths, which were too cute. How it worked was you could write your name on the tag and make a donation. I loved this because no one was obligated to donate. I was just happy to see the girls there supporting Sam and I regardless if they gave a donation.

Last Sunday, our Pastor talked about generosity, and Sam & I made a video telling people about the generous gift we received for our home-study. This week I have felt that same generosity from these girls who didn't have to spend anything.
I know Christmas is a busy time and people are always crunching numbers, including myself. The fact that they were willing to help out was so generous that I was overwhelmed with emotion. We raised about $700, which blew me away. We made enough to send in our immigration application, which we mailed out Wednesday. I said on our video that I know I shouldn't be surprised when God shows up, but I"m still in awe every time he does.


We also sold our car today, which we had been listed for a couple weeks now. The great thing about this is we made just enough to pay for our dossier. I am so thrilled!! With every step closer I get so excited to see that little face appear to us. I feel so extremely blessed that God chose us to adopt. My cousin Jeff and his wife, Shannon, are also adopting from Ethopia and they are on the exact same pace as us. We are praying that we will be able to travel together. We are so excited for them & so blessed to go through this journey with them. Please continue to pray for us and the Britton's. Thank you to those who have been praying. We have definitely felt your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. So the Pillow Party was a great success!...It must have been fun for all.
    The pillows were wonderful, a lot of love
    went into each and every one. The wreaths were
    a delightful holiday addition too.
    Even though I was not there Natalie, you and Sam are in my thoughts and prayers. You've been
    blessed... there must be an angel looking over you. Believing in God's hand and guidance, is the light you will find comforting as you continue your destiny to embrace a child to join your loving family. I am excited for you both and the children Drew, Pete and Emily too.
    With Loving thoughts.....L.L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, my name is Carrie and our family is in the process from adoption from Ethiopia as well. We live in Willow Springs, MO. Thank you for this blog. It is wonderful to hear from others who are going through the same process. It can be very emotional. We are also looking for unique ways to do some fundraising. What is a pillow party? Any other suggestions are welcome. We are now just completing our homestudy process (hopefully)You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie I'm glad you found our blog. Do you have one? The pillow party was an idea my sister came up with. She is a great seamstress. She made pillows and some other friends made yarn wreaths. It was strictly donations. She placed a tag and girls went around and wrote the amount they wanted to donate on the pillows. It was great because there was no pressure to buy one. If you have friends that have a craft I would encourage you to do it. We are also having a indoor garage sell at the end of the month. We made t-shirts. We are still brainstorming too. Hope all goes well with your process!

    ReplyDelete